New Zealand Government PhD Degree
Deadline: 15 July 2016 Study in: New Zealand Course starts 2016/2017Brief description: The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. Host Institution(s): New Zealand Universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington Level/Field(s) of study: PhD Degree Programme in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand Number of Scholarships: Not specified Target group: International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia. Scholarship value/duration: The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years: university tuition fees and associated student levies, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 (tax-free), and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually. Eligibility: You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 1 July 2015
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.